Home    Diet    Exercise
Mission

The purpose of this site is to track my progress as I explore nutrition and exercise. Hopefully you will find my experiences valuable, and be motivated to pursue a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

Finally! a real person tries "Acai Burn" (Don't buy into that garbage)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednsday Thursday Friday Saturday
Rest 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training Rest
Rest Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest Rest

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 24- Workout and changes made this week

First off I'm kind of pumped because I blasted my goal of being able to deadlift my body weight out of the water.

1 rep max is pretty much 225lbs
2 reps 220lbs
3 reps 210lbs
4 reps 205lbs
by this point I was feeling very fatigued, so I decided to stop deadlifting while my form was still good.

My bench press also went up, but not as much...

3 reps 145lbs
3 reps 135lbs
4 reps 125lbs
4 reps 115lbs

I was starting to feel pretty tired so I decided to go hit the heavy bag. I only managed 3 rounds this time, I think I am still tired from my 5 rounds yesterday, and a combination of lifting, so I'm not worried about it. I'm going to approach boxing like I do lifting, go as hard as you can until you can't do it with good form, then quit. Hopefully I increase my endurance on the bag like I increase the weights on the bar.

I have made a few changes this week that I thought I should note. First, Monday I started trying to drink a gallon of water a day. I get close, but I just want to make sure I'm getting enough water. Then I obviously made my workout change. and.... that's all I can think of right now.

oh! on Monday I was craving carbs like crazy, so I went to fazolies (Italian fast food) and got a big bowl of pasta... amazing, but thats not the point. I was up to 170.6 on yesterday morning (Tuesday). For dinner last night I had raw almonds, and- get this- 12 oz's of co-jack cheese. For desert I had some Honey roasted almonds. I was very full (and sick of cheese at that point ^_^) but didn't feel sick, just full. I woke up this morning and weighed myself at 167.4lbs!

2 comments:

Splint Chesthair said...

That sounds like a good workout plan. The only thing I would recommend is pull-ups or chin-ups.

I like Pavel's philosophy, part of the reason I have two kettlebells.

Wild at Heart said...

Good point on the pull ups, I think that will help my upper back stay strong since the bench pretty much takes care of everything in the front upper half.