Home    Diet    Exercise
Mission

The purpose of this site is to track my progress as I explore nutrition and exercise. Hopefully you will find my experiences valuable, and be motivated to pursue a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

Finally! a real person tries "Acai Burn" (Don't buy into that garbage)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednsday Thursday Friday Saturday
Rest 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training Rest
Rest Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest Rest

Monday, June 16, 2008

Bored

Ok, I've been doing this powerlifting thing for the past 8 weeks or so... its working great actually, I've seen my strength go up, and my fat go down, the only thing is... its boring! Deadlift, bench press, pull-ups, every single day. So, it's time for something I never get tired of... boxing. I play softball on Mondays and Thursdays, and in the morning Monday through Friday I go to the Y before work and train. I have time to do 4 rounds of shadow-boxing, 6 rounds of heavy bag, 6 rounds of speed-bag, 15 min on the jump rope, then I superset push-ups/pull-ups/tricep dips.

Since I'm working my muscles more than when I was powerlifting I am feeling the pain in the mornings again (especially after a softball night) So I'm back on the protein, I have one scoop with soy milk right after I work out, and a protein bar about an hour or so after the shake, then I eat my normal fruits throughout the day. After a softball game I'll have a scoop before bed so I can get up in the morning (I swear, it helps). I've been drinking coffee in the morning while I work out since I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I'm going to try and cut back.

I just got back from camping for a week... and I gained about 2 lbs :P I'm back though, shouldn't take too long to get back down to my old weight.

I hope I can get some people to go to the Y in the morning with me so I can train with people... non of the gyms around here have training classes in the morning. (I'd really like to train down at the community center downtown again... some good guys to spar with down there)

Oh well, that's what's happening in my fitness life right now.

1 comment:

Splint Chesthair said...

I hear ya. I like the powerlifting and heavy lifting but I get bored with it quick. That's why I switched to crossfit, lot's of dynamic workouts with some heavy powerlifting thrown in here and there. Tough to become bored with it.