Home    Diet    Exercise
Mission

The purpose of this site is to track my progress as I explore nutrition and exercise. Hopefully you will find my experiences valuable, and be motivated to pursue a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

Finally! a real person tries "Acai Burn" (Don't buy into that garbage)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednsday Thursday Friday Saturday
Rest 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training Rest
Rest Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest Rest

Monday, July 21, 2008

New plan

I'm getting bored with my nutrition lately. I have a system where I can keep my weight pretty much the same, but I'm not getting any stronger/loosing any fat. I'm going to do a 30-day diet program again. This time my goal is to get my body fat percentage down to 10%. I don't care what my weight is (it will probably be around 160lbs), I just want to loose fat. I'm going to break my effort into two categories: diet, and exercise.

Diet: I'm going to follow my own re-mix of the warrior diet, with some restrictions. Instead of eating a huge meal at once, I'm going to spread my food intake throughout the four hours I'm allowed to eat based on food combining principles of digestion times. I'm going to eat lots of fruit low glycemic fruit throughout the day, without anything else until four o'clock. Then I'll have a whole grain to tide me over until my main meal. Once I get to my main meal (around 6 or 7) I'll eat whatever I want, but not until I'm so stuffed I can't breath. Finally, before I go to bed, I'll drink a 10 to 15 gram protein shake (mixed with water or skim milk).

Exercise: I'm going to train for boxing five times a week. Four times just at the Y hitting the bag's and exercising, and once down at the "friendly house" (our community center) to spar with the guys. I'm also considering getting in shape for a 5k race.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Interesting. I just started a my own modified warrior diet program a few days ago - 19 hours fasts (no food at all b/c once I eat, the cravings become difficult to ignore) followed by a 5 hour eating window (using mostly primal blueprint foods). I'll be interested to see your progress.

If your interested, here's my post:
http://dadrewrite.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-experiment.html