Home    Diet    Exercise
Mission

The purpose of this site is to track my progress as I explore nutrition and exercise. Hopefully you will find my experiences valuable, and be motivated to pursue a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

Finally! a real person tries "Acai Burn" (Don't buy into that garbage)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednsday Thursday Friday Saturday
Rest 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training Rest
Rest Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest Rest

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 23- Workout and a big breakfast

After much research (sitting around reading various fitness books) I have decided to follow Pavel Tsatsouline's aproach (read "power to the people" if you want all the details) He is more focused on strength building than bodybuilding, without going into elaborate detail, its not how big the muscles are, but what they can do that matters.

I am going to be working on two main exercises, Dead lift, and Bench press. I am also going to incorperate my boxing training into my new program when I'm not doing those exercises. So, today: 5x5 dead lift
5x5 bench press
5 2 min rounds on heavy bag
tomorrow: 6 rounds shadow boxing
6 rounds heavy bag
6 rounds jump rope
and some sprints (or push-ups if im too winded)
the day after: lifting ruitine again...

you get the idea.

my starting dead lift weight was 155lbs, and my bench was 130, I could have done more on both of those, but I want to make sure I can keep good form and build up power slowly. I have to say, after doing the dead lift yesterday, and today, my legs are killing me.

I had a kashi crunch protein bar, really good stuff (they don't have my jaybars any more >.<)
half a vitamin water
organic apple
medium coffee with splash of cream
and I feel full

No comments: