Home    Diet    Exercise
Mission

The purpose of this site is to track my progress as I explore nutrition and exercise. Hopefully you will find my experiences valuable, and be motivated to pursue a healthier lifestyle for yourself.

Finally! a real person tries "Acai Burn" (Don't buy into that garbage)

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednsday Thursday Friday Saturday
Rest 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min HIIT, 30 min bodyweight training 20 min Circuit Training, 30 min bodyweight training Rest
Rest Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest 2 hour MMA class Rest Rest

Monday, March 24, 2008

Diet Modifications

I've done the warrior diet for more than a month now, and I'm going to make some changes.

1. Super low glycemic during the day.

This diet is designed so that the person doesn't eat sugar during the day to keep the insulin levels as low as possible in order to make the body burn fat more efficiently. This is an area that I've cheated a little on, after my workout in the morning I'd eat a protein bar and have half a mineral water. This is by no means a lot of sugar (about 20 grams) but I wonder if it is enough for the body to go into insulin mode. And I'd also eat a lot of fruit during the day, another way that my body's insulin levels might be raised. From now on I'm going to skip my "breakfast" (since I have the multivitamin/mineral) and instead of eating fruit during the day I will eat vegetables, probably a leafy green (since it alkalizes you system) like some organic Romain or something like that. Romain is actually pretty sweet, so I don't know where it rates on the glycemic index, I don't really care, it can't be very high.

2. more water

I could drink 20 oz of water during the day and some iced tea in the evening and be fine. I know this isn't enough water, so I've started buying those gallon jugs of water and sipping them all day. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon a day. Some days its hard, some days its easy. I've become well acquainted with the bathroom.

3. follow the food-type alternation more closely

Ori says that you should alternate your high fat, high carb, and detox nights. He goes into detail in his book (more than I want to right now) but I am going to try to follow more of a themed meal approach. Its not always possible to do this of course, but its just an area that I'd like to work on.

1 comment:

Splint Chesthair said...

I've worried about the sugars during the day as well. I kind of get the feeling that even one banana can reduce the benefits. If I go back to IF'ing, I'll probably do complete fasts as I didn't find that any more difficult than eating a little fruits and vegetables.

Even my protein shake I used skim milk when I probably should have used water, milk has a lot of sugars.